Start date: asap, or by mutual arrangement
How to apply: Interested applicants should please send their resume and a cover letter to Annette Duncan (email@example.com) or submit your application below.
FirstCapital is an investment bank with offices in London, Dublin and Silicon Valley specialising in providing M&A and private equity advice to high growth European technology companies.
We have an exceptional record in M&A and private placements, delivered via our SMART dealmaking framework, which has delivered on average a 50% valuation premium for clients. We have a deep understanding of the technology market and excellent global networks with both corporate acquirers and financial investors. We are independently owned with a proven track record and ambitious plans for our future.
As a result of a strong pipeline of deals we are looking for an experienced Vice President with strong sector expertise to join our expanding team.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience. They will work closely with our Directors gaining strong experience of all aspects of the deal with good client exposure and excellent opportunities for promotion in an exciting growth market.
The roles of the Vice President are primarily:
- Project management of transactions, from conception to conclusion. This includes preparation of high quality client materials, liaising with the client and the deal team to deliver to the agreed timetable, managing the marketing process and liaising with potential counter-parties, and overall responsibility for managing the deal process through due diligence and completion
- Manage and supervise deal teams, with proven ability to lead, motivate and develop individuals
- Interact directly with clients and with other advisers (lawyers etc), providing strong day-to-day support to the deal director
- Responsible for co-coordinating, preparing and delivering origination pitches and client presentations with limited supervision
- Undertake detailed financial modelling and analysis including valuation of technology businesses using a variety of methodologies (e.g comparable deals, public market valuations, discounted cash flows)
- Be proactive in generating new ideas, identifying deal prospects and marketing to both existing and prospective clients
- Take the lead in developing relationships with selected clients and prospects, and build a strong network of buyers, investors and contacts within the tech eco-system across Europe and in the US
- Be a credible ambassador for the company
Requirements of the role
This role will suit an exceptional person who is a confident, outgoing self-starter with excellent communication skills. Highly motivated and reliable, you should be well organised with good attention to detail and high standards.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- 6+ years’ professional experience in investment banking/corporate finance in a tier 1 investment bank, leading boutique or big 4 accountancy firm
- Relevant mid-market M&A transactional experience with strong TMT sector knowledge and network
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in at least one other major European language is preferred but not essential
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong modelling and valuation experience
- Open and friendly, you should enjoy working in a team, and in a collaborative and highly motivated environment
- You should be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Evidence of successfully developing relationships with clients and prospects, and contributing to winning new business
- Exceptional educational background from a leading academic institution
- Good interpersonal skills and cultural fit